Monday 21 October 2013

Essentials Haul

Retail therapy always brightens my mood so here are some of my little pick ups from the last month which I have been meaning to get, simply run out of or just wanted a cheeky spend!

Max Factor - Creme Puff Pressed Powder - I have always loved this product and this buy was a top up from my latest one but also I also find that with the winter months approaching I need to adjust my colour anyway so this was brilliant timing! I wear the Shade Medium and use the powder instead of bronzer for a natural day look - would definitely recommend although i find the sponge applicator or very low quality 4/5 Buy HERE

Redken Diamond Oil - From my hairdressers i got the Redken mini sample collection consisiting of the Shatterproof Shine Oil and the Diamond Oil shampoo and conditioner. I was reccomended this because my hair is farily thin and has a tendency to frizz and this product certainly prevents that. It makes my hair feel well nourished and slick but at the same time is very light so does not weigh my hair down in an unnatural manner. I will definitley be purchasing the full size range of the products! 5/5 Buy HERE
I also purcahsed Maybelline's Volum' Express Lift Up Mascara. This buy was because I had simply lost my other mascara (which seems to be happening a little too often). Im really picky with my mascaras and the style of the applicator tending to go for thicker and fuller brushes and so this suits me amazingly. I normally find it really hard to pick a mascara just because I cant really sample them but I was really pleased with this buy. Becuase this is not the newest product in the range I think the price is really reasonable aswell! 5/5 Buy HERE

For those who know me i'm a massive sucker for a lip balm of any time and I have this ridiculous habit of never finishing them - so that is definitely on my november aims list!
Anyway this is a new product out from the Revlon Colorburst collection, with smart packaging in the style of an actual lipstick I chose the 'Invite only' colour (although it doesn't really make a difference as it doesn't come out in that colour). It comes out clear and sparkly but not in an overpowering way and is really lovely as a lipstick over coat however as a lip balm as such I was not massively impressed. With a short term softness on the lips this feeling did not last for me and made me feel like I needed to apply more - so in a sense making my lips worse. 
4/5 Buy HERE


2 comments:

  1. Wow, love the colour of the last lipbalm! Kind of like the Barry M Touch of Magic one!

    Lauren xx | Lauren J

    ReplyDelete